Skip to content

September 3, 2017

I added a GUI and made some Progress

by Criss Davis

As you can see I started working on my GUI front end. I have not gotten around to learning the web front end side so its PYQT5 for now.  Some major hurtles That I got into, around, and then over this past two weeks or so was following up on my previous post. I ended up deleting a good portion of my code and then starting over. I refocused on serializing my data and then working up from there. There is also a plug in I am working on that ouputs my INI files to CSV.

Here you can see I implemented a unique ID called SUID which is unique to the scene file and to each scene. <UNIQUE FILE ID> S <SCENE NUMBER>

A unique scene_and_sequel group ID. <UNIQUE SCENE SEQUEL ID> S <GROUP NUMBER>

Also, each item in the pair is labeled as a scene or sequel.

Capture.PNG

The first and last pairs are removed from the working pairs. I am now going to start splitting them up and building out plots and subplots. You can also see the randomly generated emotional arc to be used later with the scene and sequels.

Capture.PNG

EDIT:

I added a bit of code really quick that splits up the working list into three parts of NON EQUAL values, because of course, any random number of working scenes may not be divisible by three.

Capture.PNG

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Note: HTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to comments

%d bloggers like this: